Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, August 10, 2009

Birth- days

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child must work for a living,
But the child that's born on the Sabbath day
Is fair and wise and good and gay.


I read this poem with a mind towards my children's births. My cesarean and failed home birth attempt were both on Wednesday nights. My first unmedicated, incredible, birth was early Sunday morning.

As far as the children themselves, I wouldn't say that Sarah and Caleb are "full of woe", but Anna is most certainly "fair and wise and good and gay"!

5 comments:

Stassja said...

Hmmmm, well my son (the CS) was a thursday baby, although I don't know how far he has to go or where. :) In respect to the birth, I pushed for 4 hours (after a loooooong difficult induction) and for half of that we could see his head. It didn't seem like he had far to go but he sure wasn't coming out that way in those circumstances. (On my back, etc)

M said...

Interesting!

Mason (my c/s baby) wa born on Thursday (though I was induced on Wednesday). Hannah, my homebirth babe was born on Friday. Ha!

NHMomma said...

Sigh,

My only Babe so far was a scheduled c/s for doctor convienence/fear. So although she was a Wednesday, I will never know what she should have been..

Joy@WDDCH said...

Both of mine were born on Saturdays.

Missy said...

I remember seeing these forever ago when I was a child. I was a wed. child and as my Mom has always said, I was the worst labor out of the 5 of us. My girls were born via c/s on a wednesday too....interesting.