Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

Why I do not support the March of Dimes

March of Dimes ignores abortion-prematurity link

"We're dedicated to improving the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality." from the MOD website

According to www.afterabortion.info

"Latent post-abortion cervical damage may result in subsequent cervical incompetence, premature delivery, and complications of labor."

"Uterine damage may result in complications in later pregnancies "

"Abortion increases the risk of placenta previa in later pregnancies" (many mothers with placenta previa have to deliver their babies prematurely)

"Women who had one, two, or more previous induced abortions are, respectively, 1.89, 2.66, or 2.03 times more likely to have a subsequent pre-term delivery, compared to women who carry to term."

Women seeking abortions should be given accurate information about all the risks (both immediate and in the future) of abortion.

I also believe that the March of Dimes should get off their hypocritical butts and start INFORMING the public about the link between abortion and prematurity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have an email address? I would love to share my blog with you. I just started it. I am not too computer saavy, but i am learning a little. :) I also am a Christian and a birth warrior. I have no support in my thoughts about birth trauma in my community and i am branching out to find others that see the crisis happening. Peace, Shawna

Becky said...

vbacwarrior at gmail dot com

CappuccinosMom said...

Thank you for posting that. I often feel like a complete jerk for not supporting March of Dimes but I also feel they misinform and I just can't support any organization that uses "diagnose and abort" as a way to "prevent birth defects".